Thursday, June 19, 2008

2

Well the vacations are coming to an end, and I’ve failed once again to write extensively for the blog. It seems that consistency is a word not willing to be synonymous with me. There are just four days left for me to stay. I am not home sick. No way! But I had decided to do blogging this time around. What I did end up doing was going through the blogs of other people without working on my own (do I sound selfish?).

My previous blog ended on the notification of my becoming a senior cadet. Talking of cadets, I do expect some people to question as to what sort of cadet I am? Because some people, and this some is a big-some, believe all those who go through military training are harsh and expressionless.

But Cadets are human being in the first place, right? You cannot expect any human to be devoid of any opinion. We are all opinionated. The harsh regimen and training only improves your physical strength and your ability to maintain your ideas and hold on to them tightly. It creates enough stamina in you to bear any kind of tough conditions. It teaches you to cope-up. And to cope is the name of the game.

Life has been leaving aside a few happenings, “eventless.” In the last few years I haven’t been able to some how find any kind of fire. Fire that can make me excited to work upon something with passion. It’s all going pretty steady. Without any turns or ordeals or any big successes. Very plain curved right on the x-axis, almost stuck to it like glue. One way or the other, I have to find some co-ordinates that can make me score on that Y-axis.

Those, who are of the opinion that only REEL life has got twist and turns…, raise their hands. Stupid, you people are not. But surely we’ve got high and low moments. Kodak? Nah!! I am not that romantic.

How’s life as a senior cadet? Well, you get to do all the things that you could not during your junior term. That is walking on the upper level of the floor called the “upper gangway”. You get to watch TV (yes, no TV for juniors). You can your bring your pc to your hostel. You have ample time to buy your stuff at the TUC shop. You have the right to go to the hostel roof.

Most of all, you get to rag the juniors, in any fashion you like, but within moral limits. You can play all kinds of sports whether you know the games or not. The reason being, only seniors are empowered to select a team. If you get selected as a junior, you must be a good sportsman. Probably the most liked treat of having the title “Senior Cadet” marked against your name is; that you can do what you please once your working hours come to a closure. You can watch a movie, read a good book if you like. You are empowered and entitled. A junior is simply not. Even in the un-official time he is ragged about or has to waste his time listening to gibberish of a senior.

I hope to continue more, but anyways,


Adios Omegos!

2 comments:

unaiza nasim said...

i still didnt get.. kahan ka cadet?:D

avtar bachani said...

cadet of Pakistan marine academy, karachi.